(The Muses of Pegasus) is a female vocal group from Rogaška Slatina (famous health resort), Slovenia, Europe.
Their conductress is professor Mihaela Pihler.
Mrs. Milanka Virant Levstik - the president of the group
mobile phone: 00386 (0)40 510 949
official e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
About the group
The vocal group repertoire includes:
- Songs of Slovene composers from 19th and 20th century
- Slovenian folk songs
- Sacred and secular works from renaissance to present time
- Slovene and international choral arrangements of the popular songs
- Songs for various festive occasions (Christmass Carols, Weddings, etc.).
The group has concerts and shorter public appearances all over Slovenia.
Their wish is to perform also abroad – on different choir festivals and competitions.
They would also like to build contacts with choirs from all over the world.
Achievements of the vocal group:
- Slovene regional competition for adult choirs - "Od Celja do Koroške" (From Celje to Karinthia), november 2006
- A silver diploma for programme performance
- Award for the best Female Choir of the competition
- Major projects:
- “Večer pod grškimi stebri” (“Evening under the Greek coloumns”) – Greek mythology brought to modern times (Cultural centre Rogaska Slatina, April 2007)
- “Muze in trubadurji” (Muses and troubadours”) – a concert with guest male vocal group “Goldinarji” from Postojna (Mansion Strmol, May 2007)
- Charity concert dedicated to the victims of the 18th September floods in Slovenia– with guests – Slovenski oktet (October 2007)
- More than twenty different larger appearances in Rogaška Slatina and Slovenia (Celje, Slovenske Konjice, Postojna, Radeče, Razbor, Rogatec, etc.).
Why Muses of Pegasus?
Legend says that Apollo ordered
Legend is still alive. The spring of healing water still wells out. And muses are still here… the ones from the Pegasus…from Rogaška Slatina.
Muses were in Greek mithology goddesses of art and sciences. Their number is set at nine by Classical times, who embody the arts and inspire the creation process with their graces through remembered and improvised song and stage, writing, traditional music and dance. Their leader was Apollo.
Muses from Rogaška Slatina are:
- Uniquely artistic
- So dedicated